Caregivers Helping Hand, Inc., a non-profit organization that was established on June 15, 2001. Our inter-generational program impact the community at large by 1) dispelling aging myths, and helping people understand aging and ageism issues and 2). helping our at- risk youth understand the importance of volunteering and how they can make a difference in the lives of others.
What We Do
- We provide free services for at-risk youth and assist seniors with a variety of social and recreational activities.
- We provide positive activities for our at-risk youth. This increases self-esteem and divert them from negative behavior.
- Our volunteers help seniors improve and upgrade their property to avoid code violations.
- We provide supervised community service hours.
- We delivery gift baskets to over 2500 seniors annually.
Our mission is to help fostering compassion and understanding of aging and ageism. CHHI does this by offering interactive and positive intergenerational services that focus on basic human needs.